Friday, August 10, 2007

morning announcement

This morning I went downstairs to scrounge up some breakfast. I'd decided on eggs in a frame, and it was as I was flippin' my frame on the stove that Grandpa came in with an announcement.

"This afternoon we have an appointment at 4:10."

"An appointment?" I replied, "what kind of an 'appointment?'"

"We're going to see The Bourne Ultimatum. Grandma and I haven't been to the movies since we moved here."

And sure enough, at 4:10 the three of us went to The Bourne Ultimatum.

As we walked in Grandpa asked if we wanted popcorn. Grandma said she didn't want it right then, but maybe she'd want it later.

"What do you mean you'll want it later?" I asked.

"You know, maybe in the middle we'll come get popcorn."

"Uh uh," I said. "You don't leave a movie in the middle for popcorn. You'll miss the movie! It's now or never."

So Grandpa got the popcorn (and drinks).

After the six previews were finally over Grandpa said (a little too loudly) "It's about time." He also leaned over during the film to *whisper* "I wish they'd learn to keep the darned camera still," and after the movie ended he declared (again, a little too loudly) "Well, that was a lousy movie."

So maybe The Bourne Ultimatum wasn't their style (even though they'd seen one or two of the other ones), but we all had a good time. We also left the theater with popcorn crumbs on every one of our shirts, though mine, of course, had the least.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Hey Andi! I found your blog through Allison's blog. I miss you both! Hope you are well and enjoying the end of your summer. I saw the Bourne Ultimatum on Thursday - it was good, he just won't die!