Monday, August 20, 2007

Toods Virginia, Hello North Carolina

Alas, the summer ended and it's back to school for me. I spent the whole weekend hanging out with the grandparents and Uncle Richard, playing Rook and eating like it was going out of style. Sunday I finally packed up and left Richmond after a concert with Grandpa (plus more snacking at home). I arrived in Raleigh around 9:30, unpacked the car, and decided to go ahead and unpack everything in the apartment as well instead of dragging the whole process out over three weeks. Since I was on a late-night roll getting the apartment back in order I also decided to put together my new bookshelf, which turned out excellently. I'll post pictures later when it has books and I've rearranged the pictures on the wall.

Today I had lunch with incoming students, went to a TA meeting, and had another meeting for the history grad student association. Then I had to buy groceries for my empty fridge. Now I'm about to head over to a friends house for movies and pizza.

Let me say this: Lots of the other returning students seemed full of doom and gloom today with the start of a new semester, but so far I'm excited. Sure, I'm sad the summer is over, too, but I can't do anything about that and as long as I'm here I plan on having a good time. (Of course I may be singing a new tune in a few weeks when assignments are due...)

No comments: