Monday, August 27, 2007

Junior High Style

Today I signed up for a locker at the library. Only graduate students get them, so that's pretty exciting. Actually, I think this makes me a complete nerd. But hey, I don't want to carry heavy books around campus all day on Tuesdays and Thursdays (when I have three classes, plus extra homework to do in between), and I don't want to spend all my time walking to my car (or rental car, sniff) in the parking deck. Unfortunately my locker is the bottom one, and it's small, so you practically have to lay down on the floor to get into it.

I haven't had a locker since junior high. It was orange. No wait, I had a blue locker my freshman year of high school for PE. I was always a little disappointed in the no locker situation in high school, after growing up with Saved by the Bell. Maybe I'm secretly trying to make up for that now. Unfortunately the tiny locker on the floor buried in the stacks of the university library probably isn't going to cut it.

1 comment:

I'm Jennifer said...

I'm getting a good chuckle imagining you lying on the floor to open your locker, while other grad students are stepping over top of you or lying down next to you to get to their lockers.