Monday, August 13, 2007

There's a reason I will never watch The Birds.

Remember the bird that had the nest in our garage? Well she's been back for a while, and that means I spend as little time in the garage as possible. The bird, you see, is mean. She's a mean bird. She flies around and yells at you. She says "stay away from my nest and eggs," and I yell back "stay away from my garage you mean bird!"

Lately we thought maybe she was gone, since no one had seen her for a few days and there don't seem to be babies in the nest. I was hoping she was gone today when I went out to the garage fridge for a Coke. I peeked in the door and looked in, guarding my eyes with my hands against the possibility of a beak assault. Instead of seeing her, however, I saw a hummingbird. Ugh. Maybe you think they're cute, but hummingbird shmummingbird, why can't they just stay away? I opened the big garage door in hopes the hummingbird would fly out, and when it seemed to just sit still by the fluorescent light (which I turned off, also in hopes it would fly away) I decided to brave the garage anyway and grab my soda. Of course right when I entered was the moment the mean bird came flying out! Agghh! The place has gone to the birds.

2 comments:

Kate said...

i would really hate that! i don't like birds very much at all. however, the move "The Birds" is quite a good movie :)

andi said...

Update: Grandpa said there really are baby birds in the nest. They better grow up fast...